Our Permaculture Life: Community shared milking: a neighbourhood farming project

Community shared milking: a neighbourhood farming project



I am part of a cow collective, a small group of neighbours who share the care of a few lovely cows and their calves for milking.  In this film I explains how it works and take you with my family down to the farm.

We take turns in milking and so milk just once a week. We take home around 20 litres which we use for awesomely fresh coffee cream, wicked smoothies, delicious yoghurt, kefir and superb cheeses.

Our kids love the milking morning, caring for the calves and cows. Working together with community makes things easier. We all share the care, the cost, the milking and the abundance.

Shared farming projects could provide an answer for many small-scale and urban agriculture activities.




NEW! How to join my membership group

Join my new membership community starting 28 January - the place for ongoing inspiration, learning and support to cultivate your thriving permaculture life and practical design skills....for less than a $1 a day. Read more and join at https://thegoodlifeschool.teachable.com/p/our-permaculture-life-membership-community

How to join my online course

Join me in THE INCREDIBLE EDIBLE GARDEN - a practical 6 week online course. I will take you step-by-step through the process of creating a fabulously productive and thriving edible garden - that doesn’t cost the earth.  Registration open for Jan 28 course: http://www.thegoodlifeschool.net

How to subscribe to my newsletter



How to subscribe to my Youtube channel

To receive direct notification of all my free (and ad-free) how-to permaculture films, you can subscribe. Just click the red subscribe button on my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/c/moraggambleourpermaculturelife

Labels: , , , , ,