Our Permaculture Life: Comfrey: how to use, harvest and propagate (Film #30 with Morag Gamble: 8 mins)

Comfrey: how to use, harvest and propagate (Film #30 with Morag Gamble: 8 mins)


I love Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) - a perennial multi-functional plant that is so valuable in my permaculture system. 


Film #30: Comfrey: how to use, harvest and propagate.

In my new short film, I introduce some of the many uses of Comfrey and demonstrate how to simply divide a comfrey plant to have many cuttings to add to your garden, or share with your friends.

In my garden, I use comfrey:



Easy DIY Comfrey Fertiliser

I made another Youtube clip a while ago about how to make comfrey fertiliser. The link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPBJcdExDaI


DIY Comfrey Salve

In this film, Morag also chats with her daughter, Maia - a budding herbalist, about a couple of the medicinal uses of comfrey.

At home, we always make sure we have comfrey salve at hand for bumps, bruises, sprains and cuts - with three active young kids, this is often in need.  I have written before about how to make the comfrey oil which is the base for the salve. You can find this post here: http://our-permaculture-life.blogspot.com.au/2015/11/making-comfrey-oil.html Watch out for a new film soon about how to make the salve.



Comfrey grows in most places

Comfrey is found around the world, can thrive in most soil types and so easy to use and propagate. Morag recommends that every permaculture garden integrate this wonderful plant.


Thanks for your support and feedback!

I'd like to thank you for your ongoing comments and feedback on my blog and films. It's so great to hear from you. It is very encouraging.

If you haven't already, I'd like to encourage you to subscribe to my YouTube Channel Our Permaculture Life and encourage you to get in touch if you have a suggested topic you'd like me to explore. 

As you may know, I am dedicated to creating these free and independent materials and hope you enjoy them being ad-free too.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the pop-up ads for fast food chains etc irritating at the start of sustainable living films.  

I sincerely appreciate the support that many of you are offering through my Patreon account - where people pledge anything from $1/month. I warmly welcome new Patreon supporters www.patreon.com/moraggamble and to show my appreciation, I offer patrons discounts to courses here in my garden and my forthcoming online programs. 


Subscribe to Morag Gamble's Newsletter


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,